Boston, Mass. (Jan. 25, 2024) – Exciting matchups across the sprints, distances and field events are in sight as the full, preliminary professional fields have been published for the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix taking place on Sunday, Feb. 4, organizers announced today.
Tickets for the event at the TRACK at new balance on Feb. 4, which forms part of the World Athletics Indoor Tour Gold, are now on sale at www.nbindoorgrandprix.com or by calling 1-877-849-8722.
• The men’s 60m will see 2023 World 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay champ Noah Lyles defend his New Balance Indoor Grand Prix crown against 2022 World 100m Champion Fred Kerley, who is making his 60m debut in Boston on Feb. 4.
• The men’s 1000m features a trio of top contenders: 2023 World 800m Champion Marco Arop of Canada, 2022 World Athletics Indoor Champion, Mariano García of Spain as well as the bronze medalist from the very same race, Bryce Hoppel of the United States.
• The women’s 3000m promises a clash between Elle St. Pierre, the 2022 World Indoor Championships silver medalist at 3000m and American indoor record-holder at two miles, and Medina Eisa of Ethiopia, the world U20 record-holder.
• In the Men’s 60m hurdles, fans will be treated to top race between four-time world champion Grant Holloway, 2023 World Athletics Championships 110m bronze medalist Daniel Roberts and 2022 World Athletics Championships silver medalist Trey Cunningham.
• The women’s long jump will see 2023 World Athletics Championships silver medalist Tara Davis-Woodhall compete against 2020 Olympic bronze medalist Ese Brume and 2022 USA Champion Quanesha Burks.
• The men’s 1500m will the see the return of 2022 World Athletics Champion Jake Wightman who will face 2023 World Road Mile Champion Hobbs Kessler.
• In the women’s 1500m, world indoor record-holder, 5000m world outdoor record-holder and reigning 10,000m world champion Gudaf Tsegay of Ethiopia will be challenged by her compatriot, 2022 World U20 1500m Champion Birke Haylom, both of whom are targeting a result well inside of the fastest women’s indoor 1500m ever run on American soil.
Those athletes will join other global champions and world record-holders including Gabby Thomas (300m), Lamecha Girma (3000m), Jereem Richards (400m), and Aleia Hobbs (60m).
The 2024 New Balance Indoor Grand Prix will be shown live on NBC from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, Feb. 4 and is a founding member of the World Athletics Indoor Tour. The series of the best indoor athletics events around the world awards overall tour winners $10,000 and a guaranteed spot at the 2024 World Athletics Indoor Championships in Glasgow, Scotland in March.
Now in its 29th year, the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix has played host to nine world records and 16 American records.
About New Balance
New Balance, headquartered in Boston, MA, has the following purpose: Independent since 1906, we empower people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. Manufactured in the U.S. for more than 75 years and representing a limited portion of our U.S. sales, New Balance MADE U.S. is a premium collection that contains a domestic value of 70% or greater. New Balance owns five factories in New England and one in Flimby, U.K. New Balance employs more than 7,000 associates around the globe, and in 2021 reported worldwide sales of $4.4 billion. To learn more about New Balance, please visit www.newbalance.com and for the latest press information please visit http://newbalance.newsmarket.com.