This is Coffee With Larry.
CWL is our podcast for Tuesday, July 25, 2023.
RunBlogRun has been publishing CWL since June 2022, and we publish almost daily, around 10 AM Central time.
Here are my top seven athletes who are immortals:
1. Ryan Crouser just threw 23.07m, 75-10, and he is terribly fit and focused. 2017 champ Tomas Walsh just threw 22.58m, and Joe Kovacs, two-time WC, the men’s shot put will be tremendous.
2. Faith Kipyegon. Faith has set WRs at 1,500m, 5,000m, and miles. She will run the 1,500m/5,000m in Budapest, and I believe she is darn near unbeatable.
3. Wayde Van Niekerk. One of the most amazing stories of our sport, and his return to fitness is pretty incredible. Wayde is running controlled. I see a 43.30 win for the South African.
4. Femke Bol just ran 51.45 for the 400m hurdles. Femke has no peers. Sydney McLaughlin will not race her specialty, the 400m hurdles in Budapest. Bol will break her ER once again in Budapest.
5. Mondo Duplantis is the world record holder in the pole vault. He is a genius at his event. I predict a new WR in Budapest in the PV.
6. Jakob Ingebrigtsen will compete at the 1,500m/5,000m, and I think he has a great chance to win the 1,500m, with Josh Kerr/Yared Nuguse as the spoilers. The 5,000m is much more open.
7. Noah Lyles. Noah looks primed to take the 200m record apart. Letsile Tebogo, Zharnel Hughes, and Kenny Bednarek are ready to fly. Watch Noah Lyles; he will do something amazing in Budapest!