This is my daily chat with #RunBlogRun viewers and track fans on all things track & field!
This is Coffee With Larry for Tuesday, June 27, 2023.
Our topics today:
1. NYC Grand Prix was a fantastic meet, one of the best EVER in the Big Apple.
2. Great turnout by media at the meeting. The Mixed Zone was constantly busy, with great quotes from top athletes.
3. The Autograph zone was mobbed, with over 300 in the zone the entire meet, and the athletes obliged.
4. The highlight for me? The following:
a. Keni Harrison running like a dynamo!12.29 W.
b. Zharnel Hughes takes Lindford Christie’s 100m Brit NR by owning, totally owning, the Men’s 100 meters.
c. Sydney McLaughlin ran 49.52, Gabby Thomas, 50.29 (after a 100m race), running conservatively in the first furlong.
d. Athing Mu ran a gentle 1:58.72, slightly winded, yep, slightly winded.
e. Noah Lyles just ran off the the turn, running 19.82 with his win, breaking Usain Bolt’s record for most sub 20 second 200 meter races!
f. Bryce Hoppel winning 800m, then signed both of his shoes and gave them to fans in the autograph zone!
g. Great, demonstrative crowd, killer media turnout, great meet; NYC Grand Prix is a great meet prior to USATF Champs!
4. The Ostrava Golden Spike is today, June 27, 2023, in the Czech Republic!
See you tomorrow!